The objects of the Association are promotion and advancement of the medical and allied sciences in all their different branches, the improvement of public health and medical education in India, the maintenance of the honor and upholding the dignity of the medical professional and cooperation between members thereof.
Aim & Objective
For the attainment and in furtherance of the above objects, the branch may:
- Hold periodic meetings and conferences of the members of the association and of the medical professional in general.
- Arrange from time to time congresses, conferences, lectures, discussions and demonstrations on any aspect of the medical allied sciences.
- Assist in the publication of the journals of the Indian Medical Association and arrange for publications of periodicals and other literature, specially adapted to the needs of the medical profession.
- i) Keep a Branch Office ii) Keep a Library and Reading Room of medical and scientific books, periodicals, journals and other similar publications and a recreation department.
- Encourage research in medical and allied sciences with grants out of the funds of the Association, by establishment of scholarships, prizes or rewards and in such other manner as may from time to time be decided by the Association.
- Organize medical camps for providing medical relief during epidemics and in times of emergency.
- Consider and express its views on questions and laws of the Maharashtra State and the Dominion of Indian or proposed legislation affecting public health, the Medical professional and Medical education and initiate or watch over or take such steps and adapt such measures from time to time regarding the same as may be deemed expedient or necessary.
- Purchase, take lease of, or otherwise acquire, hold, manage, let, sell, exchange, mortgage, or otherwise dispose of movable or immovable properties of every description and all rights or privileges necessary or convenient, for the purpose of the Association, and in particular, any land, building, furniture, household or other utensils, books, newspapers, periodicals, instruments, fittings, appliances, apparatus, conveyance and accommodation and when deemed necessary or desirable in the interest of the Association, sell, let, hire out, mortgage, transfer or otherwise dispose of the same.
- Erect, maintain, improve or alter and keep in repair any buildings for the purpose of the Association.
- Borrow or raise money in such manner as the Association may think fit and collect subscriptions and donations for the purpose of the Association.
- Invest any money of the Association not immediately required for any of its objects in such a manner as, may from time to time, be determined by the Association.
- Assist, subscribe to, or co-operate or affiliate to any other public body whether incorporated, registered or not and having altogether or in part objects similar to those of the Association.
- Do all such other things as are cognate with the objects of the Association or are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.